POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Baking UV textures with POV-Ray : Baking UV textures with POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Baking UV textures with POV-Ray
From: Slime
Date: 20 Aug 2004 22:14:56
Message: <4126b020@news.povray.org>
See the thread in povray.general ("Can I bake UV textures with Povray?") for
discussion.

There are very slight differences between the two images which aren't very
noticeable. One difference (and the most significant one) is that along the
corners, the UV mapped version has some slight artifacts because it's
sampling from the background area of the UV texture. This would be more
noticable if I had used a lower resolution UV map (the version shown is half
the size of the original 512x512). The other difference is that there is a
very tiny discrepancy in some triangles between where colors in the
procedural texture appear and where colors in the UV texture appear;
probably due to innacuracies in the sampling.

This would be better implemented as a patch, especially because of how
incredibly slow it is (there may be room for some optimization). But in a
pinch it can do the trick.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message